Monday, November 22, 2010

Coupons!! Groupons!! Awesome!

The other day, I got an urgent email from my husband:
"Super good Groupon. I would buy you one, but it's one per person."
He provided a now-defunct link, so here's a new one for you guys:

If you've never used Groupon before, it's a great service. Basically, there's a new coupon every day, usually for a service (like a massage or paintball), a restaurant, or an item (like cupcakes!). A certain number of people need to purchase the coupon before it goes into effect. If not enough people buy the coupon, it is void, and you are not charged. Each coupon works differently, but most are something like, "$30 for $65 worth of food at X Restaurant," or similar. You pay $30 and get a gift certificate. It's popular with locally owned businesses, as it really drums up new traffic to stores and eateries. We have tried lots of great new restaurants, mostly ones we never would have tried otherwise, thanks to Groupon. I was even able to score majorly discounted blow outs at DryBar and treat myself, my mom, and my mother in law to an afternoon of pampering and scalp massages. Side note: DryBar is WAY awesome.

Anyway, today's Groupon is $25 for $50 worth of merchandise at Nordstrom's Rack. It's okay if you don't live in LA; the coupons are good at ANY Nordstrom's Rack location. They expire December 31st, though, so buy 'em and use 'em quick. My husband and I stopped in yesterday - he bought some new Converse shoes, and I picked up a greyish lilac wool coat, a cute cloche hat, and a set of Stila eyeshadows and lipglosses (great gifts!). A new coat means I can probably do away with the black and white Express coat from 5 years ago... a coat that my husband derisively claims has "glitter" in it. It's not glitter, it's shimmery thread! Regardless, it's seen better days, so I'm happy to replace it - for a total steal!!

Coat: Originally $148, now $59.97
Cloche: Originally $32, now $15.97
Eye Shadow Palette: $9.97
Lip Gloss collection: Originally $20, now $7.97

Ended up spending an extra $50, but I got some great deals!

Go get your Groupon - now through Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment