Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jeans, Jeans, they're good for your heart....

Please excuse the childish subject of this particular post. Did you excuse it? Did you giggle a little? Good! Onward and upward, then...

So let's talk jeans. Jeans are, in a word, awesome. I mean, they go with everything, they're soft, comfortable, fashionable, come in tons of colors - what's not to like? I have a pretty big collection of jeans - everything from really old Gap jeans to some brand new designer ones I scored on clearance a while ago but haven't had the chance to wear yet.

Gap is a go-to place for jeans - I'm particularly fond of their curvy fit. My jeans pet peeve is the gap you get between the waistband and your back - which causes gapping and possible butt crackage. Nobody likes butt crackage, even if they say they do. Jeans that stretch and create that gap lead to me pulling all of my shirts down and wearing lots of tunics. Anyway, I don't have this issue with Gap curvy fit jeans, which seem to have a higher rise in the back. I will say that I don't really get Gap sizing in denim - I can usually go down 2-3 sizes in their jeans. Great for my self esteem, but it seems a bit unrealistic, no?


I'm a big fan of places like Nordstrom Rack or outlet stores for jean shopping, too - as long as you're cool with hunting through racks and racks of jeans and trying on a lot of pairs! It's also worth it to try on a few pairs in the same size, even if they are the same make and cut - jeans can vary quite a bit from one pair to the next! I was able to score a pair of 7 for all Mankind jeans from a Sak's outlet for a steal. I find that they fit a bit large and stretch out too much for my liking, but they're very comfortable.


Lately, though, my absolute FAVORITE jeans are made by AG. I was at Anthropologie, looking for a pair of jeans to try on with some tops, and I fell absolutely in love with the Stevie fit. They are a splurge for sure at full price - but I've worn mine constantly for the past few months. They are soft, comfortable, and perfect for curvy girls - they stretch but manage to hold their shape. The Stevie is a straight leg cut and fairly close fitting, but not as tight as a jegging. It's ideal for wearing with boots, but you can definitely rock a flat or heel with it, too. I have become obsessed, and ended up scoring another pair, in a soft grey, off of eBay. We also hit up the AG outlet in Palm Springs, where I got a pair of the Premiere Fit in a very dark wash. Premieres fit similar to Stevies, but are a bit longer with a slightly higher rise and less stretch. I'd definitely recommend trying on AG Jeans - I find them very flattering, versatile, and comfortable. In my opinion, they run about a size small. I'd try to get 'em from an AG outlet (50-75% off!) or stalk them on Anthopologie until they go on sale.

What brand are your favorite pair of jeans? Which cuts do you prefer?


No comments:

Post a Comment