Thursday, March 1, 2012

Garlicky Goodness - Garlic Rocker Review

I absolutely love cooking, particularly Italian food. A key ingredient in many of the items I make is garlic. Now, don't judge, but after getting frustrated with garlic presses and sick of manually cutting the garlic into teeny pieces, we came up with a solution at our house. Peel garlic. Put a sheet of wax paper on top. Pound it to death with a hammer.

I SAID, don't judge!! It works, and it's a great way to get frustration out.

However, I came across a device the other day that has changed everything in the world of garlic smashing, which, granted, is a fairly small world.

May I introduce.... the garlic rocker.




Yeah, I don't like unitaskers, either, but this one is fairly small and well worth the space in your drawer if you frequently cook with garlic.

Just position a clove of garlic underneath, press down, and gently rock back and forth. The garlic comes out in neat little squares. The garlic doesn't get minced quite as small as it might in a traditional garlic press, but it works fine for me. It requires little effort and is very easy to clean - it's also dishwasher safe! Not only that, it's made of stainless steel, so it resists the garlic odor. You can also rub your hands on it to remove the odor from your skin. Amazing!

This little sucker has made cooking with garlic much easier. I bought mine at Vat19.com because I found a coupon over at (where else) RetailMeNot that gave me $5 off my purchase. Psst - use code "cookie" (no quotes) to get $5 off your $15 Vat19 purchase through 3/3/12. It's also available through Amazon, where you can score free shipping if you're a prime member. Without discounts, it costs about $15.

9 on the awesome meter. Great product at an affordable price!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great. I LOVE Joseph Joseph! It's one of my obsessions! Probably my favorite thing that they make is the Elevate set, which is a set of kitchen tools that's balanced in such a way that the ends that touch the food don't touch the counter when you set them down.

    ReplyDelete