Friday, March 16, 2012

Birchbox Review

I've subscribed to Birchbox for more than a year now, and I must say, I love getting a little gift each month in the mail - it's like a little cutely wrapped birthday present filled with girly stuff.

For $10 (including shipping), you get a box with 4-5 deluxe beauty samples, plus a bonus, which may not be beauty related - I've gotten pretty greeting cards, granola, a fruit and nut bar, etc. When you purchase items through the site, you get a point per dollar you spend. You also get 50 points for referring others, plus 10 points for every product from your Birchbox that you review. Every 100 points = $10 off your purchase. Oh, and items from your box - if you decide to buy a full-size product - ship free!

Some months are definitely better than others, and I've had some duds - eyeliner stickers? Ick. This was a pretty good month, though - check it out:



Spring themed box!

5 products plus 1 bonus. From left to right - I Coloniali Deep Massage Body Cream with Myrrh (in a foil packet - this is the bonus), I Coloniali Invigorating Tibetan Shower Cream with Rhubarb (full size $29, sample size is 3.3 fl. oz), Miss Jessie's Quick Curls (full size $32, sample size is 2 fl oz), One Love Organics Waterless Beauty Balm (full size $68, sample size is .5oz), Color Club Nail Lacquer in Jackie Oh! (full size $8, sample size is .25 oz), and WEI Pomegranate Buffing beads (20 packets for $20, sample size is 1 packet).

All in all, I'm very pleased with this box. The hot pink nail polish feels very spring appropriate, and I'm hoping the Quick Curls cream can control my frizz. I'm also excited to try the shower cream after a tough workout! These are all nicely sized samples, too.

I give Birchbox a 7 on the Awesome Meter - I'm a fan. Although some boxes can be disappointing, I think the majority contain some great products, and it's a fun way to try out new beauty trends without shelling out a lot of money. Click here to enroll - remember, it's a subscription, so you'll be charged $10 per month, though it's easy to cancel.

No comments:

Post a Comment