Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More wedding style!

The other day, I went shopping with my friend Jenn. Jenn and I were randomly assigned to one another as roommates freshman year of college, and we stayed roommates for all four years. I don't know if there's anyone else (other than my husband) with whom I could share a tiny room! Jenn, who is now a lawyer, has great style, and we love shopping together. One of my favorite things to do is "style" someone, as in, help them pick out an entire outfit for a specific occasion! Jenn has a wedding coming up next month for her boyfriend's sister. Challenge: the wedding is outdoors. In Wisconsin. In October. How would we find her something totally cute (and kinda modest) that would impress her boyfriend's relatives and also keep her warm in case temperatures drop? We decided to hit the mall: two ladies on a mission!

We ended up doing almost all of our shopping at Anthropologie, a store we both love. I should mention that dressing Jenn is kind of like dressing a Barbie doll: fun because everything looks fantastic on her!

Regardless, we pulled together this look for a fall wedding. I love the autumn colors of the dress, and the cut is flattering, with a nipped in waist. The neckline is modest enough for a family gathering while remaining youthful. Layering tights and a sweater coat takes this look into colder weather. We added some bronze accessories, like the bugle bead headband and some dangly earrings. We also changed out the brown sash for a belt to give the outfit a bit more edge!

I just found these shows on Polyvore - how freakin' cute are they?! And they're only $36 - too bad they don't have my size!



No comments:

Post a Comment