Monday, September 20, 2010

Wedding Style

I absolutely adore weddings. After spending an entire year planning my own wedding, I was sad to have it all end. I loved planning every teeny tiny detail of my big day, from my birdcage veil and feather fascinator to the kinds of flowers in my bouquet to the donuts in adorable individual bakery boxes we gave away as favors at the end of the night, a nod to our mutual love of The Simpsons. Now I get mega excited whenever someone gets married. I love helping and hearing details, and I especially love getting all dressed up!

My favorite weddings are those of my high school friends. One by one, we all seem to be getting married. After high school, we all moved away from Wisconsin, so weddings are our reunions. My friend Katie's wedding, which I have been looking forward to forever, is in a few weeks in Boston. I can't wait to see everyone! I last saw all the girls at my wedding, but, well, it's hard to really chat with everyone as much as you want to when you're being pulled in a million directions!

Anyway, here's what I plan to wear:

(This is my first foray into Polyvore, hope it works!!)

I am in love with Anthropologie's Primula dress - I tried it on on a whim when I was searching the sale racks, and it is so flattering and cute! I'm not sure about the belt - it might dress the outfit down too much. I'll have to check it out and see what works. Please note that I do not have that hot Stella McCartney clutch - I'll have to find something similar for less $$, although I do have a go-to black clutch from Express already :)

What are your favorite go-to wedding outfits?

PS: Some awesome giveaways coming up!
Kim at Anthroholic has a great giveaway for a great cause!! Click the link for more details!
A new favorite of mine, The Pretty Pauper, is giving away some MAC products and an Anthro card! I'd put it toward that Boucle Souffle blazer I've been lusting after.... Click her link for more info!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I just LOVE weddings too! I love planning my own, and helping plan my sisters and friends wedding too. I love the outfit you're going to wear you'll look perfect for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete