Friday, September 24, 2010

A tale of two necklaces






Don't you love it when you come across an item that you'd given up on... and it's on SALE??

I adore chunky statement jewelry. In fact, I just generally love accessories! There's no better way to dress an outfit up or down or make an otherwise bland ensemble pop. I have one amazing necklace from Madewell. It's chunky antiqued gold chain with hundreds of faceted crystals strung along one side (the second necklace pictured). Wearing it instantly lends a glamorous look to any outfit. It was expensive, and I debated the purchase a long time before buying it. I ended up wearing it to my rehearsal dinner before my wedding. I think it was an excellent purchase, though, as every time I wear it, strangers ask me where I got it!

Then I saw the first necklace, and I fell in love! It'd be so great with black or white tops. At $75, though, it was too similar to the first necklace. I gave up on it when it disappeared from the Madewell site and its brick and mortar store. I started looking for it on eBay with no success.

While looking at shoes the other day, though, I noticed that Madewell.com is having a SALE. I checked the jewelry on a whim and almost squealed when I saw my necklace marked down to $29.99. YES! Said necklace, which I've been lusting over for like 6 months, is now on its way to me.

Check out the Madewell sale - there's some cute affordable stuff! You can use the code SCORE for free shipping over $100, although I just grabbed my necklace and paid for shipping.

3 comments:

  1. Score! Love both pieces you got. And I love when something I've been lusting over goes on sale and I'm able to snag it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped over from Anthroholic! Great sale scores! We just got a Madewell store near me! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jessica and Lori! Gotta love a sale - and Madewell is a really fun store. A little pricey (or maybe a lot), but I just love their look!

    ReplyDelete